Very Hard Bulbous Tip 7 Months After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

7 months ago i had a rhinoplasty to correct a hump and a large bulbous tip, the top of my nose looks narrower and less swollen the rest however is still swollen and the tip is very hard and bulbous it also droops when i smile. Will this hardness and swelling subside or do i need revision? Since its been 7 months. I would really appreciate some feedback on this as i had this operation abroad and cannot get a hold of my surgeon. Ive included some photos.

Bulbous Tip at 7 Months Following Rhinoplasty

+1

Your tip is the last element in which swelling will resolve.  I would wait at least another 5 months before considering a revision.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Bulbous Tip

+1

Hi,

It looks like you have a persistent bulbous tip after rhinoplasty. This will not change after 7 months. If you want to improve upon this you will need to have a revision rhinoplasty. You may have some scar tissue or retained fatty tissue in the tip.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Questions after rhinoplasty abroad

+1

Best bet is to wait a year for full healing. Few would be willing to start steriod injections and take responsibilty for a result that is not of their own making. Surgery abroad may save money, but when back home you might find you are on your own.

Rhinoplasty and bulbous tip

+1

Dear Lillysunderland123,

• Sometimes steroid injections can help thin the skin if there is swelling in that area
  • It is difficult to advise you without seeing you for an exam
  • If you are worried about it, I would see a rhinoplasty surgeon here in consultation to see what your options are

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Nasal tip fullness at seven months after rhinoplasty is possible but needs evaluation.

+1

The nasal tip particularly in thick skin individuals can take a long time for final definition to emerge because of swelling. By seven months this should have begun. I suggest you check in with your plastic surgeon. Occasionally convalescence can be hastened by judicious use of steroid injections.

Very Hard Bulbous Tip 7 Months After Rhinoplasty?

+1

If unhappy after 7 months you as going to need revision after you are given full understanding of the risks involved.