Hard Belly Bulge on Top and Bottom? (photo)

I am 3 wk po from TT with lipo and I know I'm still very swollen but I think my stomach looks different from others? I have a hard bulge on top center above belly button and ovcourse big hard bulge where incision is. Is this normal?? I am wearing a size B spanx and and a medium sized compression garment don't know if it has anything to do with is but I've pretty much looked like this since day 2.

Three weeks after surgery

+1

is much too early to see a lot of the final shape.  When people watch the plastic surgery films or shows, they often forget that the shows are filmed over several months, and then edited to fit into a one or two hour show.  So, my patients often don't realize there is a lot of healing between surgery and final result.  Think in terms of 6 weeks, three months, six months and a year.  Changes will be occuring throughout, and the earliest you should do any revisions would be at least six months.  And of course, talk to your surgeon about the stages of your healing, and what to expect when. 

Post abdominoplasty swelling

+1

You need to remember that scar is maximal 6 weeks after surgery. There are a multitude of reasons why you would be more swollen now. Fortunately, the majority are temporary. At this stage you have no skin loss and no infection so be a little more patient, and discuss it with your surgeon he can see and feel the tissues and tell you what is going on. If you do not have an appointment soon, call and schedule one.

M. Vincent Makhlouf, MD, FACS

Concerns after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Without seeing preoperative pictures, it is hard to evaluate the outcome of your procedure. Nevertheless, you should be aware that at this stage in your recovery from tummy tuck surgery,  that is very early to evaluate the end results of surgery. Significant swelling remains and skin redraping/ contraction will take months and even up to one year to occur.

You will find, since every patient's body type  and surgery performed is different, that comparing yourself to other people who have undergone this operation will not be helpful to you. I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to evaluate the results of surgery, how you are progressing, and to rule out complications.

Hard Belly Bulge on Top and Bottom?

+1

Very hard to advise if you are fluid collecting. Seek in person opinions from more PSs in your city.