Hard Ball in Eyelid, What is it? (photo)

I have something like a hard ball in my upper eyelid..it doesnt hurt at all,but it is visible.what is it and how is it treated?

Hard Ball in Eyelid, What is it?

+2

Agree that the medical term is a chalazion. Best to obtain and have surgical removal under local anesthesia. 

Cyst or chalazion of the upper eyelid

+2

This hard mass is most likely a chalazion due to an impacted oil gland.  You should be seen by an ophthalmologist for medical care and possible drainage of the cyst.  

Likely a stye or a chalazion

+2

The eyelid has many oil glands that provide lubrication for the ocular surface. Sometimes these glands become blocked and the oil gets trapped within the eyelid causing a small hard bump in the eyelids. Often this will initially cause redness and irritation first, but sometimes not.

I would recommend you see an Oculoplastics surgeon or a comprehensive Ophthalmologist.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper Eyelid Surgery Blepharoplasty

+2

Difficult to tell exactly without a physical exam but likely a cyst of some type which should be easily removable with just local anesthesia in the office. You should visit a qualified eye or plastic surgeon for further evaluation.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Hard painless ball in the upper lid is probably a cyst.

+2

I can't tell much from the photograph. However young patient is hard painless small ball in the upper lid is most often assist. It could be removed with local anesthesia.