6 weeks post op (BA) What is the hard ball behind my areola?
Doctor Answers 1
Hard ball behind nipple after enlargement
- The hard ball may be glands swelling with your menstrual period,
- Or feeling the implant behind the healing incision - if the implant is over the muscle,
- Or as you say, the valve, but it usually is placed so you cannot feel it.
- Or firmness of the healing incision, if yours is around the nipple.
- See your plastic surgeon for an exam to advise you as to what the actual cause is.
- Best wishes.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.