Hard 'Bag' Under One Eye After Blepharoplasty 2 Weeks Ago?

I had lower Blepharoplasty 2 weeks ago, and all the swelling is gone except for my right eye, which has an eye bag directly under the inscision line. When i touch it its quite hard. It has stayed like this for a week, and hasn't gone down like the other swelling did. Is this normal?

This is precisely the type of concern you need to discuss with your surgeon.

+2

Unfortunately, surgeons answering questions on an internet forum do not have the benefit of actually examining you.  Two weeks after surgery is very early.  Perhaps you have a small hematoma causing this issue.  These take time to resolve.  It is not really appropriate to speculate on the possibilities because this may cause you to be nervous when there is simply no good reason to be.  Have your surgeon see you and discuss your concerns.  He or she will be motivated to help you have the best possible surgical outcome.

Hardness of lower lid after blepharoplasty

+2

Without pictures its difficult to be specific in my comments; however, it sound like it may be an area of fibrosis or scarring that may be encapsulating a small collection or where there may have been excess cautery performed during the procedure. What ever the cause, it is too early to tell and normally fibrosis resolves with massaging or other conservative measures such as small amount of steroid/FU injection. I recommend following up closely with your surgeon so that if there are any interventions then they may be performed sooner rather than later if advised by your surgeon.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Many possibilities

+1

A small hematoma [blood clot] is the most likely culprit, but without photos, and certainly without examining [palpating] the eyelid, its hard to come up with your answer.

Certainly, this warrants another visit to see your surgeon. There are some possible therapeutic measures than can be taken depending on whether this is a blood clot, or a scar.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon