Hard Area Between Belly Button in Incision?

I had a tt w mr 7 months ago. The whole area of my stomach under my belly button to above incision is still hard to the touch. If I wear a form fitting dress this area looks like its puffed out. Its not highly to the touch, instead its hard when I press on it. Is this normal at this stage and if so how long before it starts to resolve? What should I expect in the next months following? Thank you for your time and advice.

Tummy Tuck Hardness

+2

The swelling between the belly button and pubic region takes the longest to resolve. It can be months. Scarring or fat necrosis can also cause hardness. Fortunately most of these conditions improve with time and can continue to improve up to a year out.  Discuss this matter further with your surgeon.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Hardness 7 months after TT

+2

By seven months after a TT things are usually on their way to softening and taking on a natural look and feel.

Scar tissue can take 12 to 18 months to mature completely and it may be that in your case the process will take a little longer than average.

You should return to your surgeon and ask if your recovery is proceeding satisfactorily.

Douglas McManamny, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

+2

Many thanks for the question.Its not very uncommon to have this situation since there must have been some degree of seroma or haematoma in this region which during the process of healing gets replace by fibrosis that feels hard.It will resolve hopefully in next few months.If not massage ,Pressure garments and injection Kenalog are modes of  treatments to resolve the hardness that your PS may do it for you.Wish yoiu good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Can I Wear a Genie Bra with Slight Padding

+1

It can take up to a year for the firmness to resolve, but by 7 months there should be some progress.

As well as you have described this, to give advice really requires an exam, so your best bet is to call your surgeon to go over all of your questions. 

All the best.