Hard abdominal after lipo. Will it improve?

I am 5 weeks post op I had lipo in stomach and abdominal area. My abdominal area is hard I massage two or three times a day will this go down as time goes by how long should I wait before seeing my doctor again?

Hard Lumps After #liposuction

+1
A fair number of firm lumps at 5 weeks after liposuction is actually pretty normal.  By three months these will be likely be improved and should be gone (or typically are) at 6 months.  A good general rule with liposuction is that firm lumps get better, soft lumps are less likely to go away on their own.
Dr. Pyle

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

It is common

+1
To have areas of induration, or hardness, after liposuction particularly with ultrasound modalities such as vaser or lysonix. This is how the remaining fat and tissues react to the damage done to the cells.  as the cells heal you should get softer dependding on the ratio of fat to scar tissue and time from surgery.  Good  luck and enjoybyour new look!

Eleanor J. Barone, MD

Hardness after liposuction

+1
Liposuction works by creating tunnels through fat which then collapse over time.  the inflammation from this procedure can lead to induration, or hardness, for up to a few months after surgery.  If the abdominal wall is damaged or if there is insult to the blood supply of remaining tissues then fat necrosis can occur.  This presents at hard aft balls that slowly improve over time.  Discuss this with your doctor.  Exercise and warm compresses may help.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Liposuction

+1
Swelling is typical in areas that I had liposuction for several weeks to months after treatment.  It is important to use compression and follow your doctors instructions.  If you traveled for  surgery and need a second opinion then Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS