I Am Not Happy with the Size of my Saline Implants 1 Week Post-op- Can I Go Smaller?

I am 7 days post op. I have 220cc and want to reduce the size to 200cc max. Is that possible?

Reduce volume in saline implants

+2

Wait.  You're rushing.  Your breasts are swollen and look larger to you know then they will in even a few weeks.  It takes 4 months or so for everything to settle down.  Many women like their breasts right after surgery and are disappointed once the swelling goes down.  If you think your breasts are too big now you may well be delighted in a few months (or even weeks).  If you have 200 cc implants that have been filled with 220 cc of saline the volume can be reduced with a simple minor procedure.  Most preople can barely see a difference of 20 cc and I do not think it would be worth the effort.

I Am Not Happy with the Size of my Saline Implants 1 Wk Post-op- Can I Go Smaller?Answer:

+2

Three things…First, at one week don’t even think about going smaller by 20cc’s!! With swelling you won’t see your true size for probably 3-6 months so it is WAY too soon to be worrying about that… Second, you have pretty small implants in. I don’t know how much of your own breast you started with but if you’re worried about being too big, these are on the small side. And Third, 20cc’s is NOT worth going back to surgery for…It’s less than a Tablespoon and a half!! Not worth the risk…really.

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Wait for the final result before making a change

+1

One week is way too early to consider having another surgery to put in smaller implants. You probably still have some swelling and, as a result of pressure from your  implants, your own breast tissue will like shrink a little. Both of these will result in your breasts being smaller.  If you wait for a while and are still unhappy with your size, you will need to go down more than 20 cc's to make a noticeable difference.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size & Saline Implants

+1

Depending on the size of the patient, in general, it requires at least 50cc’s to have a measurable difference between one breast set and the other. To change an implant size less than that really is minimal to no consequence.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Smaller implants

+1

Yikes!  Take a deep breast and then consider what a small, small difference there is between a 200 and a 220 cc implant.  Take a look at one of those little medicine cups that come with  liquid medications and take a look at the 20 cc mark.  It's not much. 

I think you are second guessing yourself and your surgeon.  Give yourself some time for the swelling to go down and for you to get used to your new figure. 

I ask my patients to reserve judgment for 3 months and it's not that unusual for a patient who "felt huge" one week after surgery to wish she had gone a little bigger at 3 months.  Crazy?  No.  It's just that way.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

+1

Really? ONLY 20 cc's will not effect the appearance. You need to be more patient. And discuss with your surgeon. You most likely are still swollen. 

Breast augmentation

+1

Being that you are one week out, it is a bit early to feel that you are too large. More commonly patients complain that they are too small. Remember you are probably maximally swollen so they will get a bit smaller.

Please wait

+1

You just had breast augmentation and the swelling is not resolved yet. You can have smaller implants later ,but i would recommend to wait at least 3 months.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

After breast implants you can go smaller

+1

Most saline implants have a fill range , perhaps 30cc, and most often we will fill the implant to the upper end so it is possible to reduce the volume by 20cc if your surgeon has the same practice. If your breast is small, the 20cc just might make a meaningful difference to you, though most will not notice. You might want to give yourself a chance with the current volume as often some feel large early on until the result settles in.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd

Not happy with size

+1

you need to be patient.  you still have post op sweliing.  please give it  a good 6 months and let everything settle down.  also my guess is you wouldnt even notice a change of 20cc.

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon