I've been very bothered by the sagging of my breast for some time. What is my Best Option? (photo)

I just turned forty in June. I've been very bothered by the sagging of my breast for some time. I'm already large at 34DD so I don't really need any added "size". But I would love it the were more full and round and higher on my chest. Would a lift give me the results I'm seeking?

Not Happy with Sagging

+1

I think you would be very happy with a breast lift.  You really don't need to add more volume with an implant.  The breast lift would make it easier to find bras that fit properly and allow more freedom in wearing the clothes you prefer.

Wichita Plastic Surgeon

Best Option for Sagging Breasts

+1

Judging from your photo and the information that you provided, it appears that you are a good candidate for a mastopexy (breast-lift).  There are different types of breast lifts, and some may include a breast implant to add fullness to the upper breast.  From your photograph, it appears that you have enough natural breast tissue to achieve this result without an implant.  Typically, a full mastopexy only removes a small amount of breast volume and is mostly a lifting  procedure by removing only excess breast skin. Sometimes a small amount of breast tissue may be removed for shaping, but a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will help you determine which procedure will be best for you.  Good luck to you.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Not Happy with the Sagging. What is my Best Option

+1

It looks from the photo that you are a good candidate for a breast lift. This can accomplish a combination of the following:

• reposition the nipple and areola higher on the breast
  • excise excess skin
  • reposition of the breast tissue higher on the chest

All three components will be of benefit. 

An evaluation by a plastic surgeon will give you a better answer than these on line replies!

Thanks and best wishes.