I'm Not Happy with the Results of my Breast Job. Should the Plastic Surgeon Offer to Correct It? (photo)

Jan. 2012 I had my 2nd breast surgery to correct my asymmetrical breasts. I was a "C" left and a "D" cup right. I already had an implant put in my left breast back in 1998 to correct my asymmetrical breasts. Back then, when I was 17, my left was probably a "B" cup and my right a "C" cup. I requested at my last surgery to go up one size and to make my nipples be at the same height. Well, now almost June, my breasts are sized a "C" and right nipple is 1 inch higher than left! I am not happy:(

Breast augmentation result

+1
Thank you for your question. Revisions and further surgery for aesthetic procedures varies amongst surgeons and your preoperative discussion about expectations, results, and complications. Depending on your results and expectations, it would need to be a discussion that you have in terms of deformities and results.

You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon and hopefully come to a conclusion. I would not be surprised if facility and anesthesia costs are your responsibility along with a possible surgical fee to correct, however, the last one may be waived pending your previous discussions and examination. Hope that this helps and best wishes!

I'm Not Happy with the Results of my Breast Job. Should the Plastic Surgeon Offer to Correct It?

+1

I am sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction after breast surgery. Best for you to communicate your questions and concerns with your plastic surgeon and a calm and constructive fashion. Hopefully, working together you will be able to formulate a plan to best achieve your goals.

When it comes to financial arrangements, every office policy will be different to some degree. I think that you will find that most practices, will charge patients for services related to surgery center, anesthesia services, supplies (such as breast implants etc.).  Surgeon's fees, however may be discounted or waived.

Not Happy with the Results of my Breast Job

+1

Sorry for your disappointment. Physical examination and study of the preop photos would be necessary to note improvement. Asymmetry is very difficult process. It is not atypical to require multiple surgeries. The surgeon should have prepared you for this at the time of consultation. Speak with your surgeon regarding your concerns, and he/she will most likely make a concerted effort to help you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Talk to your surgeon if they said they'd correct this problem

+1
I'm sorry to hear that your 2nd breast surgery did not achieve the results you wanted. Judging from your photos, it does look like that the asymmetry between your breasts has improved, although your left breast does appear to still be lower than your right. Did your Plastic Surgeon state your asymmetry would be corrected and your nipples would be at the same height before you had the surgery? If yes, then you should definitely discuss your dissatisfaction since the procedure did not achieve what you expected.

However, it's important to remember that breast augmentation is designed mainly to add volume to the breasts. While asymmetry may be corrected to a certain extent, the procedure really has not been designed for that purpose. To properly correct your asymmetry, you may want to consider a breast lift (mastopexy). It can be performed on your left breast only, alone or in conjunction with breast augmentation.

I hope you'll be able to resolve your problem and achieve the results you want. Good luck!

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Breast asymmetry

+1

Correction of breast asymmetry can be one of the most challenging procedures we perform as plastic surgeons.  First, breasts are never and will never be symmetrical, even without the severity of your asymmetry.  Second, it can take more than one procedure.  Third, photos as posted do not demonstrate the condition you complain of but do appear to show an improvement over the preop photo. 

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Persistent asymmetry is common

+1

It appears that your asymmetry is much better from the photo on the left to the photo on the right, so that is a good thing.  Unfortunately it is not possible to achieve complete symmetry especially as you have had several procedures already for asymmetric breasts.

Hopefully you had a good discussion with your plastic surgeon before surgery regarding the inevitability of persistent asymmetry,  the prospect for revision surgery and the policy of the office concerning details including financial considerations.  If so, then you should both feel comfortable addressing the issue of possible reoperation at some point in the future. 

Be cautious about reoperating too soon as multiple operations may lead to diminishing returns as well as other complications.   

David J. Levens, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Surgical options for an unhappy breast augmentation patient

+1

Obviously you appear to have asymmetry of the nipple height, even clothed.  An in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is where I would have you start.  If your PS is that, ask about a breast lift (mastopexy) on the left to help with the height asymmetry.  You appear to have ptosis (droop) of the left breast.  Getting another opinion is always an option, of course.  Remember that every asymmetry you have or had is MAGNIFIED by larger and larger implants.  Best of luck to you. 

James E. Chappell, MD

+1

The posted photo offer NO help in evaluating your issues, but thanks for trying to post. In most asymmetry of the breasts patients it is the standard to explain the correction can be up to 3 operations to achieve a good result. Appears you are in the mid process of achieving this.