I Am Not Happy with my Second Time of Botox?

It's been 3 weeks since I received my second time of botox. My forhead does not look as good as the first time. Should I go back to see if my doctor if I am unhappy with the results?

Botox on the forehead for wrinkles

+1

Absolutely, if you are unhappy, you should see your doctor. I am sure they would want you to come in to evaluate what is not as good as the first Botox treatment. If you wait for your third treatment when it's all relaxed, the doctor won't know how to modify the treatment to make the third better.

Dysport As An Alternative For Those Not Happy With Botox

+1

Usually when Botox loses its effectiveness, it is because your body has developed antibodies against it. This is most likely triggered by the proteins which surround the main portion of the molecule.

Dysport is a competitor brand of Botox. It has fewer proteins. And because of this, it may be accepted more readily than Botox. 

You may want to consider switching. Here is an example of a patient who decided to see if he could get better results with Dysport.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Unhappy after injection

+1

Yes, it is important that you speak with your doctor about your injection experience.  It could be that you need a touch up of Botox, or that he/she needs to modify how you were injected in order to get you improved results.  Good luck!

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Botox injections may need further touch-up

+1

If you do not have the results that you expected then you should go back to your physician.  Since you had such good results the first time it sounds like something that can be easily fixed.

Michele S. Green, MD

Unhappy with Botox

+1

I'm sorry that you aren't pleased with your second treatment.  It would be beneficial if you could define what disturbs you, the time period between the first and second treatment and whether you had the same dosage.  Certainly if you feel unhappy, you should return to your doctor for reevaluation.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

What to do if you are unhappy with your Botox treatment

+1

If you do not see the results you expect (especially after a previous good injection) you need to contact your injector. After two weeks the medicine has reached full effect.

I always schedule a two week follow after a first injection to make sure results are as they should be.  After the first injection I always instruct my patients to contact the office I they notice any problems.  Your injector should be happy to see you and determine if you need a touch up.  

Good luck!

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

It is possible that you have antibodies to Botox. I would recommed trying Dysport or Xeomin

+1

It is possible that you have antibodies to Botox.  I would recommed trying Dysport or Xeomin.    Technique and fresh Botox are also important.  Your response also depends on how many units were injected in each area and where in injections were placed.  I assume the doctor who did you injections is a specialist who does a lot of Botox injections.  If not, check with an experienced specialist.  If everything was done right, then try the Dysport or Xeomin.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Forehead doesn't look as good as the first time with Botox

+1

You should return to your injector for an evaluation. I know any of us would want to see someone who had questions or thought something wasn't as good as the first time. Stewing in your unhappiness isn't helping you - or the doctor who isn't even aware you're displeased. Simply make the call and have an evaluation.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Unhappy with Botox? Return to your provider.

+1

Anytime you are dissatisfied with your botox or filler results, it is best to return and discuss with your injector.  They can evaluate your treatment outcome and then make suggestions from there.  No two patients are alike, so Botox treatments must be adjusted according to your repsonse.

Cheryl A. Hull, MD
Rogers Dermatologist

Follow up with your doctor after Botox

+1

In my experience, it is routine practice for most physicians to follow up Botox and fillers in 2-3 weeks to get feedback from the patient and make adjustments as needed. I would strongly recommend such a follow up with your provider so that his or her learning curve regarding your Botox needs is mastered as quickly as possible.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon