I not happy with my rhinoplasty yet, 7 weeks PO, it still looks bigs to me, thoughts?

I still feel like i have a bump and big tip. 7 weeks post op. it still looks big to me.. Thoughts?

+1

7 weeks is early. The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Feel nose too big 7 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

As others have stated, 7 weeks is relatively early after rhinoplasty. An estimated 10-20% of swelling may still be present, which slowly resolves over several months. For this reason, plastic surgeons generally say wait a year after surgery for the "final" results. Some rhinoplasty surgeons will inject steroids into the tip of the nose to help reduce swelling, if appropriate. If you haven't already, speak to your surgeon to review any potential options at this time.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Better for you to seek IN PERSON second opinions. The posted photo very poorly done Also would need a before photo to compare!!

Rhinoplasty: Swelling after Surgery and Recovery

+1

It is still early. Rhinoplasty surgery classically can take a full year for all the swelling to go away. This in particular is in the tip area. It is important to be patient and allow healing to happen.

After 7 weeks it is possible to get a good idea of what you are going to look like. I tell my patients that if they are happy "now", they will like it even more after all the swelling is gone.

However, it is still too early to make a final prediction. Be patient as it will continue to shrink. A small percentage of woman will need a secondary procedure. But it's too early to tell.

Good Luck!

Dr Chris Saunders

Christopher Saunders, MD
West Chester Plastic Surgeon