I Am Not Happy with my Nose but is Rhinoplasty Right for Me?

I like how my nose looks when you look straight at me because it's really thin , but when you look at me side ways u could see the huge bumpy bone in my nose ( I have a typical beak nose) I want my nose to be smaller n I want to omit the big bridge but will my nose still be thin ?How long will it look swollen for?

Is rhinoplasty right for you

+1

Rhinoplasty is an individual choice made to change the nose when the bump on the nose becomes bothersome.  Taking the bump off the nose will make the nose look smaller, less projected and noticeable.  It is important not to thin the nasal bones even further since the nasal bridge is already quite thin.  Visible swelling lasts approximately 2 weeks after the surgery.  However, full healing from rhinoplasty is 1 year.

Rhinoplasty can improve the profile and not change the front view

+1

Kitty, 

What you are describing is a very common desire among rhinoplasty patients:  keep the front view the same and reduce the bump on the side.  That can be achieved, though depending on the height of the bump and the narrowness of your bridge, there may be some widening, just a bit, of your nasal bridge from the front.  That being said, most  are very pleased and it is a worthwhile consequence of removing the bump. 

Philip Miller, MD

Candidate for rhinoplasty

+1

From what you describe, it sounds like your expectations are realistic and quite typical.  Rhinoplasty is an ideal operation for the reduction of a bony hump and correcting a beak nose appearance. This cam all be done and stil maintain the narrowness of your nose.  Find a surgeon who is good at rhinoplasties and who has done a lot of them.  Swelling is usually minimal and you will notice subtle changes up to a year after your operation.

Robert M. Jensen, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Do I need rhinoplasty for my large nasal profile?

+1

Since you’re not happy with your nasal profile and it is bothering you, then rhinoplasty is a right procedure for you. However, you need to find an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to deliver a good result first time around. Regarding swelling after the procedure: Due to the complex nature of the nose, swelling may take several months to resolve after a rhinoplasty. However,  most of swelling will resolves after four weeks.

Kevin Sadati, DO

Candidate for a rhinoplasty

+1

Since you are unhappy with the appearance of your nose then your choice is ... a rhinoplasty!! Therefore, it would be right for you particularly given the reasonable concern that you have for the irregularities that you described.

Seek out a few experienced board certified rhinoplasty surgeons and the determine which approach and physician that you would prefer.

Depending on the procedure performed including the need for tip work, you can expect most of the swelling to subside by around 6 months though it can take a year for it to maximally dissipate especially with the open approach if it is used.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Many patients feel the way you do.  They like the fron view but hate the profile.  In general the bump can be taken down and the nose improved.  Usually the nose can maintain the same widthappearance  or slightly narrower.

I am not happy with my nose?

+1

Rhinoplasty can be customized to preserve what you like and change what you don't as long as doing so maintains an overall balanced look.  Most swelling is gone after the first month, but the nose will continue to refine for up to a year.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

The profile of the nose can be made straight and smaller without changing the front view.

+1

Hi.

1)  It sounds like what you don't like is the easiest to fix.  This can be done with a closed (less invasive) rhinoplasty.

2)  Most people look presentable (no obvious swelling) in one week, and you see most of the result in one month.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Rhinoplasty is right for you

+1

If you are unhappy with your nose, then rhinoplasty is right for you. Hump reduction is the most common change requested. Computer imaging can help show you the potential changes with rhinoplasty when correcting the 'typical beak'.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Rhinoplasty is a great operation to make the subtle changes you are looking for

+1

While obviously noe two noses are alike, similarly, no two surgeons are alike. It would be Morgantown for you to find a surgeon who you trust, and about whom you feel comfortable. Ask friends, your own doctor, or look at online evaluations to help you in this process. Rhinoplasty is a wonderful operation that can make profound lasting changes in the way you look and feel, so getting it right is of utmost importance. The operation is generally very well tolerated, with minimal downtime postoperatively. Your nose would probably a stay just as thin as it is now, and swelling may clear within a few weeks, though final resolution of microscopic swelling changes can take a year or more. There's no rush, so do your homework to find the experienced rhinoplasty surgeon that's right for you.

Verne Weisberg, MD