I'm Not Happy with my Nose Job. Can I Reconstruct It?

Hi! I did a nose job in Sweden 2 years ago. But It's too small, too short and he lowered the nose a good bit. But afterwards, I see that the nose doesn't really fit into my face at all. Is it common to "build" up a nose? How does the procedure work? Is it a risky procedure? I want to raise my nasal bone when it has been cut, and make my tip longer with more definition as it was before, is that possible? My nose tip also looks very "rounded" out right now can somehow make it sharper?

I'm not happy with my nose job. Can I reconstruct it?

+1

It is possible to build up the nose with cartilage grafts. I like to use diced cartilage wrapped in deep temporalis fascia when building the nasal dorsum. It is difficult to provide you with specific advice without performing an exam. I would recommend an in-person consult with a board certified revision rhinoplasty specialist. He or she will be able to examine your nose in person and provide you with advice. Computer imaging software may be used to morph a photo of you, which will give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

+1

Cartilage grafts can be used to build up the nose as you have described. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Reconstructing a Nose

+1

Julia,  it is certainly possible to "build up" a nose.  This is a very common practice in modern rhinoplasty.  This is done using cartilage from other areas, usually the septum inside your nose or if necessary from you ear (don't worry, it won't change the shape of your ear).  These cartilage "grafts" can be used to build, support and define the tip of the nose as well as other areas you are unhappy with.

It is difficult to give you anything more specific without seeing pictures of your nose, but rest assured there are options to help you!

Jason Altman, MD