I'm Not Happy with my Liposuction Results, It Looks the Same As Before. Normal?

I had liposuction in my back because I had bulges around the bra area and my upper back. It's only been a week , However I looked in the mirror today and it seems like they came back! is that normal? I am truly disappointed

Liposuction results

+3

Results after liposuction takes time to show due to swelling. I am assuming that your liposuction was performed by a real board certified plastic surgeon. Always do you home work to make sure that your surgeon is a surgeon and trained in plastic surgeon. There is a difference between plastic surgeons and cosmetic surgeon. Anyway, be patient and give it about 3 - 6 months. If it was done properly, you will see results.

Results after liposuction

+2
It can take 4-6 weeks to start to see the results. In some cases, if its a large area, it can take even 8 weeks to see the results. If ure still not sure about the results u should consult with ur doctor soon.

Misbah Khan, MD

One week post liposuction

+2

At one week post-liposuction, it is quite common to have swelling, in addition back rolls may not completely go away with liposuction.  Often they have a componenet of loose skin as well.

Didn't your doctor warn you about this before surgery?

+2

You are only 1 week after liposuction! I am sure your doctor told you that it takes a long time to see the final results.   I would be shocked if you tell us that your board certified plastic surgeon did not warn you that it would take more than 1 week to see improvement after liposuction!  If he/she didn't tell you that, that they did not provide you adequate pre-operative consultation and should be ashamed. 

Matthew Schulman, MD

Liposuction of the Upper Back, disappointed!

+2

I would tell you that 1 week after a liposuction procedure is very early, i tell my patients that they will be mad at me at 1 week because results are so minimal, give your body time and allow the result to take shape, back results are especially slow.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction results

+1
Thank you for your question. Revisions and further surgery for aesthetic procedures varies amongst surgeons and your preoperative discussion about expectations, results, and complications. Depending on your results and expectations, it would need to be a discussion that you have in terms of deformities and results.  At one week postoperative, it is very early to see your final results it takes several weeks (6-12 weeks_ to see results often, as swelling subsides and your contour begins to settle.  

You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon and hopefully come to a conclusion. I would not be surprised if facility and anesthesia costs are your responsibility along with a possible surgical fee to correct, however, the last one may be waived pending your previous discussions and examination. Hope that this helps and best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Liposuction results take time

+1

Final results after liposuction can take several months. There can be significant swelling that masks the overall contour. Assuming that your liposuction was performed by a board certified plastic surgeon, be patient and give it time.

Scott Farber, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Results

+1

It is premature to judge the results. Wait at least 4 - 6 weeks, and maybe even longer with more extensive liposuction. Clearly communicate your concerns with your surgeon, and he/she can check and ensure your recovery is on track.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Lipo

+1

Its only been one week you have to give your body time to heal. You are still very swollen you will not be able to see all the results for at least 6 months. Make sure you are using the compression garment to help compress the swelling and shape your body.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS