I Am Happy with my Current Size. How Much Will my Size Change? (photo)

Hello. I had surgery 10 days ago. I am very happy with my results. How much will this change? I have read 10% to 15% but can you explain this in more detail? I went with 350 & 375 saline moderate plus submuscular overfilled to 410 & 375. I told my surgeon I wanted to be a full C (fuller, more cleavage) and to have it look proportionate to my body. I am 5'3 121 pounds. I am afraid that they will get smaller. I had very minimal bruising.

Swelling after a breast augmentation

+1

They probably won't go down too much, but I would wait 2-3 months for the swelling to resolve before making any final judgements on your results.

Concerns About Size

+1

There really isn't much swelling, especially with no bruising, and the '10% to 15%' size change is a common myth that is not based in fact.  What changes most after breast augmentation surgery is the shape of your breast, especially with saline implants.  Your breast will begin to settle in the next few weeks to months, and some people perceive this as a size change: some think they look bigger, others smaller.  But in reality, not much change in volume as occurred, if any.

Looking at your ten day post op photo, you look like you are pretty full of implant, and your surgeon was wise to go no larger in size, as they would have ended up malpositioned too high on your chest.  What you told your surgeon about cup size should have been addressed prior to your surgery: there is no way to accurately or consistently give a patient a cup size guarantee.  Keep in mind that your already very large implants will do things to your breast that you may not like in the distant, and not so distant future: thinning your breast tissue and stretching your skin, causing rippling and implant changes in shape and position.  Having gone larger would have only made these issues more significant.

It is early in your post op period, and you should be happy that all seems well. Follow up with your doctor and I'm sure you will be fine.  Be satisfied knowing that this is about as big as you could safely be.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Implants after 10 days

+1

At ten days post surgery you are still swollen.  This will change with time and the swelling will go down some more. How much is variable for each patient.

Picking an implant size

+1

If there is any doubt about the size for an implant it the question you want to ask is: if a mistake in implant size is made how do you want it made, too big or too small.   I almost never have a woman tell me to err on the small size.  Currently we use the Vectra 3D imaging system.  In use over 1 year I have not had one patient not satisfied with their size.  It is a great educational tool and reduces pre-op anxiety.

Post operative changes in size

+1

It looks like you are doing well and have a normal amount of swelling. I tell my patients that from this point on the size doesn't change much but it just gets softer and less tense. It looks like you will have a very nice result. Congratulations.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

I Am Happy with my Current Size. How Much Will my Size Change?

+1

Your size will change only slightly over the next several months.

Your implants will settle into a natural position.

It appears you are doing very well - enjoy your new appearance!

All the best.

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Am Happy with my Current Size. How Much Will my Size Change?

+1

I wouldn't expect much overall size change. What I would expect is less bulge in the upper breast and more filling of the lower breast. Looks like a nice result. 
All the best. 

Not much change in breast volume due to resolution of swelling after breast augmentation.

+1

It 10 days there certainly some swelling in the breasts but not a great amount. As the swelling subsides the volume of the breasts will decrease very little but the distribution of a volume will be significant.

Size after surger

+1

It is very common to feel anxious about your body changes after surgery.  There are many changes that will happen after your surgery is complete.  You surgeon will be the best person to answer these questions for you, but generally speaking it takes 3 months or so for most patients to heal and assume their stable postoperative result.  

It looks like you have the beginnings of a very nice result and I would suspect you will like your breast shape and size when you have fully healed. Be patient with the healing process and make sure you keep your postoperative visits with your surgeon.

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Breast Size Change after Breast Augmentation Surgery?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure.

Although your concerns are understandable, given that only your plastic surgeon knows exactly what was done when it comes to breast implant pocket dissection etc., He/she will be your best resource for accurate answers and/or reassurance. 

I would suggest that you don't worry too much about what you read or hear…

Generally speaking, most of my patients who are pleased with the results of surgery early out of the procedure ( as you seem to be), tend to be happy in the long term also.

Enjoy the outcome of the procedure performed!