Not Happy with Mini Tummy Tuck Results?

Hi, I am 35 days post op from a mini tummy tuck and lipo. I am happy with how I look when I'm standing but when I sit down or bend over their is quite a bit of loose soft skin that hangs, also i have a roll right above my belly button. My surgeon told me I was the perfect candidate for the mini I am 5'4 and weigh 124 pounds. My question is will a revision fix what I'm not happy with or will I need the full tummy tuck instead and if I do will I have to pay to have it re done by the same surgeon?

Waiting to see tummy tuck results

+1

There is an absolute difference between a mini tummy tuck and a full tummy tuck.  I would discuss your options with your original surgeon to determine if your tummy tuck procedure should be revised.  The most important aspect is to allow the body to heal and see the full results before requesting a revision. 

Mini Tummy Tuck results

+1

There are several forms of mini tummy tuck, but the most common is liposuction with lower abdominal skin removal. This is designed to tighten the lower abdomen. It is not suitable if you have extra skin above the belly button. Most people will have loose skin when we bend over. Without seeing photos it is not possible to evaluate your results.

John Silverton, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

Not Happy with Mini Tummy Tuck Results?

+1

It is difficult to comment on the choice of procedure without photos from before surgeon and current ones.

The usual goal is good contour in the upright standing position. When a person is sitting, the chest and pelvis come closer together, and the skin is not infinitely elastic. In fact, the loss of elasticity is what led to the TT. As this happens, the skin and underlying fat will buckle. If the skin were tight in the sitting position, you would not be able to stand straight. 

Without photos I can't say whether there would be any benefit from a revision procedure. It is quite possible that even a full TT would not accomplish your goal. 

If you are pleased with your appearance while standing, it seems that your surgeon has done well by you. If more surgery is indicated, fees would be determined by your surgeon.

All the best. 

Mini Tummy Tuck and Not Happy with Results

+1

In general, even bodybuilders and models have loose skin when bending over.  Pictures would be extremely helpful in assessing your result.  I rarely ever perform a minitummy tuck but instead perform a short scar tummy tuck, but you cannot be assessed without pictures or an exam.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA