What Can I Do If I'm Not Happy With My Brazilian Butt Lift?

5'4-125 lbs.-24 yrs old. my surgeon told me i would see a difference after having it although i did not have too much fat. he removed fat from my inner and outer thighs, belly, and flanks. now 3 wks have passed and i don't see too much of difference.i only see improvement in my lovehandles but my main goal was my butt.i am very dissapointed about the money and time i have invested. he said i look fine but i am not happy with the results. what can i do?what are my options? please help!

Not enough fat for buttock augmentation

+2

The challenge is with the question that has been raised by your plastic surgeon - do you have enough excess fat to serve as donor sites for additional fat grafting?   If the answer is no, then there may be very little extra fat left to do additional fat grafting to add volume to your buttocks.  Remember, you have to take from one area to add to the other.  Please return to your plastic surgeon to explore your options

Brazilian butt lift result

+1
Thank you for your question. Revisions and further surgery for aesthetic procedures varies amongst surgeons and your preoperative discussion about expectations, results, and complications. Depending on your results and expectations, it would need to be a discussion that you have in terms of deformities and results.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon and examination.

You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon and hopefully come to a conclusion. I would not be surprised if facility and anesthesia costs are your responsibility along with a possible surgical fee to correct, however, the last one may be waived pending your previous discussions and examination. Hope that this helps and best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Sometimes there just isnt enough.

+1

The idea of Brazilian Butt lift is to take fat from one area and place it on another, but if there just isn't enough fat like your doctor suggested, it might be a good idea to combine it with a butt implant or some other prosedure to improve upon what you already have. also you should have realistic goals, increasing the size too much is not a good idea.

Jonathan Fisher, MD

Expectations after Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery

+1

Unfortunately there isn’t much that can be done when it comes to the final results of your surgery. Since patients do require a large amount fat to see a significant result, some people may not be satisfied with their subtle results.

Usha Rajagopal, MD

When to do a revision Brazilian butt lift

+1

In our practice, we have performed this surgery in a wide variety of patients. We have also performed the surgery as a revision on patients who received fat grafting from other providers.

Patients who receive the surgery must be aware of the significant recovery process afterwards. Patients are commonly swollen for several months after the surgery and may need to wait upwards to 6 to 8 months to see their final results. If you are still not satisfied with your parents it is possible to revise the surgery with a secondary Brazilian butt lift.

A secondary Brazilian butt lift may be very effective in helping the patient finally meet their aesthetic goals. Patients however must understand that this revision surgery is much more difficult than the initial procedure. For this reason, it is essential that you work with a plastic that is board-certified by the American Board of plastic surgery. You also need to make sure that your plastic surgeon has a great deal of experience with fat grafting, Brazilian butt lift techniques and liposuction. As you already had liposuction, the subcutaneous tissue and fat in your body has been altered and is more fibrous. Further liposuction may be possible but your plastic surgeon needs to carefully assess your tissue to determine if you have enough volume to make a revision successful. In our practice, we performed a revision successfully and we have also had patients that we recommended they gain weight before the revision to ensure that they have enough material to meet their goals.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Fat can melt after Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Not all of the fat will survive the transfer and it will melt.  Unfortunately,  you often have to add fat several times to get desired results.

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Not enough buttock augmentation with Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

The problem here most likely is that you don't have enough fat to create a major or maybe even adequate augmentation.  The good news is that you can expect improved contour in the areas where fat was harvested.  The bad news is that you are not likely to get the buttock size that you want.  The next and only option is to do buttock augmentation with silicone implants.  That will improve the upper part of your buttocks and if a large enough implant is used, may give you the projection you want.

Kenneth L. Stein, MD

Not Enough Junk in the Trunk

+1

Well.  If you did not have to much fat then you might not have been the best candidate for fat transfer depending on the result your were trying to achieve.  That is a discussion that should occurred prior to surgery.  Most women seeking Brazilian Butt Lift want significant changes in the shape and volume of the buttocks.  The best thing to do now is to wait about 6 months or so. You will continue to have improvement of the areas of liposuction which will make your buttocks look bigger.  If you are still not satisfied at that point you should reconsult with your plastic surgeon or visit other board certified plastic surgeons for opinions.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Expectation mismatches in cosmetic surgery

+1

It sounds like you wanted more than your body and its limited fat was able to allow.   A patient's starting point has a great deal to do with result a surgeon can give them.  Beyond using the fat you had there is nothing more your doctor could do other than using buttock implants.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Expectations have to be reasonable for Brazilian Butt Lift.

+1

Fat grafting in two sessions is a reasonable approach to achieve an enhanced result.   You should talk to your PS about the possibility of a second surgery once all of your swelling has subsided.   If you were informed that a small change would result in your buttocks because of the limited amount of fat, a second surgery may not be possible.