What Happens if Your Teeth Still Need Some Corrections After the Last Set of Refinement Trays?

I am getting 5 refinement trays (5 is the maximum for refinements with invisalign LITE) I'm currently on my fourth of five and am concerned about the lack of change I am seeing. Does anybody know what I may be able to do if the fifth doesn't shift my teeth far enough? What alternative do I have in order to achieve the perfect set of teeth?

More Corrections After Last Set of Refinement Trays

+2

If the Doctor showed you the ClinChek, before you agreed to go thru with treatment, and if you agreed with the predicted results shown, then the Doctor and Invisalign should provide enough trays to reach that predicted goal. If you now want "better" than the original prediction, then you and the Doctor will have to pay for additional trays.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

What happens when I need more aligners?

+2

The number of aligners is based on what the doctor will be charged for...he/she can ALWAYS ask for more...but will have to pay for them.  If you contracted to get a certain result (straight teeth) and , through no fault of your own, your teeth are still not right, the doctor should pay for more aligners and finish the treatment....at least this is the way I do it!

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist

More trays after last refinement

+1

You are able to get more trays fabricated it would just cost more money to have that done. Whether the dentist is willing to not charge you is something that you would need to discuss with your dentist.

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist