What Happens if I Stretch my Body After a Tummy Tuck?

I had a full tummy tuck on July 27th and my main problem has been not been able to sleep any other way but on my back with two pilows under my head and two pillows under my knees. There have bee mornings that as I awake and not realizing what I am doing, i have stretch my body laying down on the bed from toes up then the pain in my stomach reminds me that I need to stop. Is stretching a no, no after a full tummy tuck?

Can I stretch one month after tummy tuck?

+1

Pain is a warning sign, and you are appropriately responding to it by relaxing tension on the abdomen.  At four weeks, you are unlikely to cause major damage by stretching too much; Pain upon stretching will keep you from overdoing it.  Gradually increasing your range of motion at the waist (flexing, extending, abducting side to side) is physical therapy, and should help you recover more quickly after abdominoplasty than if you were immobile, in which case you would likely be more stiff.  Recovery of normal range of motion will take longer if stiffness develops.

It looks like you have sutures coming to the surface. So, go see your plastic surgeon

+1

From the photos, it looks like the sutures are starting to come to the surface.  Typically, when this happens, I have my patients come into the office and remove the stitch and allow the body to heal.  I usually have my patients apply antibiotic ointment over the area and the body will do the rest and heal up just fine.  But, you do need to go see your surgeon.

Richard H. Lee, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

No harm

+1

A month after surgery there is no reason you shouldn't be able to lay flat and stand erect. There is no issue with stretching either. You should be getting back toward full function over the next two weeks. Any specific issues are best discussed with your surgeon.

Thanks for the question, and best wishes.