What Happens Long Term After Artefill Shots? What Happens After Collagen Around PMMA Absorbs?

i am wondering if PMMA which is permanetly remained noticeable like lump long time after artefill injection on my nose if so, is it removeable only surgically? this is argent!! please help me!!

Artesense,Artefil lump

+1

Lumps caused by Artefil may be improved by injection of Flurouracil and Kenalog.

Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making any treatment decisions.

Artesense injection on the nose

+1

Yes artesense also knows as artecol can cause long lasting lumps.  It should only be used sparingly by and experienced injector.  In the the nose area it should often be avoided.  If used in the nose it should best be done by a rhinoplasty surgeon who knows the anatomy of the nose and can deal with possible complications.  In my practice I do offer this treatment for miner touch ups following rhinoplasty surgery where patients dont wish to undergo further surgical modification of the nose.  I tend to only use it in the upper third of the nose for subtle bony imperfections.   Chance of lumps varies based on volume used and location injected.  Frequently palpable but not visible lumps are present after its use.

Philip Solomon, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon