What happens if collagen replaces the Perlane?

I was shot horribly- my NLFs pushed halfway up my nose. New natural ones have formed where they are supposed to be. What will happen if collagen replaces the Perlane in the unnatural too-high location? Will that collagen be permanent? So scared I'll never look normal -much less pretty- again. Why did I let someone do this to me??

Injectable Fillers Have Been Shown To Stimulate New, Native Collagen Production (Neocollagenesis)

+1
The following statement is drawn from a recent, November, 2013 JAMA Dermatology editorial: "Injecting cross-linked hyaluronic acid filler has been shown to stimulate collagen production."  That having been said, in cases of unwanted results, as appears to be the case here, one can still rest easy. With time, rather than persisting, the new collagen will be broken down gradually by the body's natural metabolism, which is the reason that repeat treatments are necessary at periodic intervals. And if there is any reason to want the injectable product removed more quickly, a small amount of hyaluronidase can be injected to dissolve it.

This case does underscore the need going forward of seeking consultation and treatment at the hands of a board certified core aesthetic physician with extensive experience with the use of all the available injectable fillers and volumizers.

Bad Perlane experience

+1
Collagen doesn't replace the filler or we would only need to do one round of fillers on someone and never repeat them again. It's impossible. You can have your Perlane dissolved quite easily with hyaluronidase if you are unhappy with it.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD