What happens after I get my mole removed by electrocautery?

I had my mole removed not realising that the method used was electrocautery. What should I do to my mole now to prevent scarring and for it to heal faster? What am I expecting from my mole after this process?

Electrocautery of Mole

+1
A mole removed by electrocautery is a standard method of removing a mole by heat.  To make sure that the mole heals well I would continue to do traditional wound therapy by keeping the area cleaned and covered and apply aquaphor and change the dressing at least twice a day.

Electrocautery is basically burning the mole off

+1
The best method to care for a burn wound is to keep it covered with an ointment or cream which will provide a moisture barrier as it heals as well as prevent infection.

Dev Wali, MD
Claremont Plastic Surgeon