What's Happening to the Implant on my Nose Bridge?

Good afternoon, doctors. I had a rhinoplasty done 4 weeks ago and a silastic implant was put on my nose bridge. 2 days ago, something happened within my family and I cried for about 20 minutes. The next day, I found that one end of my implant (the end in between my eyes) had become rather soft overnight. The area is also slightly more swollen than before. There is no pain, pus discharge, and the rest of my nose is unaffected. Is this a cause for worry? Thank you for your time, doctors.

Silicone nose implant swelling

+1

It is hard to know what is going on with your implant on your nose without an examination.

I'd recommend seeing your rhinoplasty surgeon to have the area checked. It is important to make sure there are no signs of infection or unusual healing going on.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyinseattle.com/rhinoplasty-treatments/bridge-augmentation

New Nasal Implant Swelling 1 Month After Surgery

+1

Any time you have new swelling around a synthetic implant, particularly in the nose, there is cause for concern. Given that it is 4 weeks after surgery, the swelling anywhere on the nose should be going done not up. If this continues to get any bigger or turns red, you need to get in to see your implanting surgeon as soon as possible

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/nasal.html

Silastic nose implant can move!

+1

I am sure you are very anxious right now, because you want everything to be great.  Unfortunately, it is difficult to know.  First, I don't think anything is a problem at the moment. However, you will need to wait  until the swelling decreases to know for certain. 

Columbus Plastic Surgeon