What's Happening to My Tip As it Heals? Used to Be Perfect. Now Not So Much? (photo)

Hi guys. My side profile was perfect a few days after getting my cast off, probably like the 9th day. As the swelling as dissapated over the course of healing, the front looks a little better but Now, at 16 days my tip looks very swollen and the side profile is ugly! Like a polybeak. What's happening to my nose! Should I be worried? Is this just a fluctuation in swelling and will y nose return to the before photo? I had septo-rhino with a lot of work on the top in re shaping the cartlidge.

What's Happening to My Tip

+3

Its very common to get worried around this time after surgery specially with the nose since with the increasing deep level healing nose keeps on getting more defined towards betterment. The process goes on up to one year.One needs patience  to wait and don't keep on asking your PS to do something about it.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

What to do with a Polly Beak deformity after rhinoplasty?

+1

Thank you for your question.  It is too early to assess your final result.  The resolution of nasal tip and supra-tip edema (swelling) and the normal healing will take several weeks and months to occur.  Cartilage grafts change with healing and normal internal collagen making does remodel.  Be patient.  Continue your follow-ups with your Plastic Surgeon.  If it does persist beyond the normal healing time, a revision might be indicated.  But again, from the pictures you gave us, everything seems to be in the normal range of healing.  Best of luck!  Dr. Marc DuPere, Toronto

Marc DuPere, MD

Rhinoplasty at 16 days

+1

It looks like from the profile photo you posted that you are healing well. I do not see evidence of a polly beak.

Tip Healing at 16 days

+1

At 16 days, swelling is very much playing a role in how your nose looks.  This will reduce over a year's period, and, from your photos, I see no cause for concern or deformity.