What is Happening to my Body? (photo)

I have 420cc saline implants on both breasts and have been having a lot of trouble. My left breast has less volume in it, almost like it doesn't even have an implant in it. The right I know needs a pocket revision bad! I just don't understand the left? Please help! I need medical advice. The pictures I have posted are about 6wks after my BA and now which is a yr and 10months PO.

Your implants have bottomed out after breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for submitting your question and photographs. V1 your photo shows that your breast implants have bottomed out or moved down on your chest.. This is what is causing the abnormal appearance. This can be revised at 1 year. Revision involves creating a new inframammary crease which will move the implant up and make the implant look larger and the breast fuller.

Odd Shapes to Breasts

+1

The early postoperative photo reveal no abnormality.  The second photo is not easy to analyze with the arms above the head.  See your plastic surgeon to address your concerns.

Post op

+1

Your left breast appears larger in the photographs, even with your arms elevated which does distort the image. You need to go to a plastic surgeon for an evaluation.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Implant problems

+1

Issues can occur after breast implants. It is not possible to precisely determine your problem from the photos. I can imagine that this is really frustrating. I recommend following up with your plastic surgeon, if they are board certified. Determining what needs to be done to fix things and putting together a plan with your surgeon to do this will be a relief.

Michael Vennemeyer, MD

Michael Vennemeyer, MD
Southlake Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants position after breast augmentation

+1

Your 6 week photos do not reveal any problem with asymmetry or implant position. 

When patients raise their arms, particularly when lying down the breasts normally rise with the chest tissues but the implants often do not because they are restricted by the normal scar capsule.

If your left breast now looks deflated, replacement of the implant may be appropriate but 99% of saline implants remain intact for at least one year post op so it is unlikely.

SEE A PLASTIC SURGEON THAT DOES A LOT OF BREAST SURGERY.

C. Dennis Bucko, MD

Implants and position

+1

I think that you need to go for an exam and discuss the issues.  When you raise your arms your breasts lift more than your implants. It looks like bottoming out with your raised hands but not in your frontal arms down pose.

Implant Displacement 2 years after surgery

+1

Based on your second photo, it appears that both implants have dropped below the inframammary folds. With regard to your breast volumes, it appears that this is fairly symmetric. Although additional photos would make this assumption more definitive. I agree that a pocket revision would be beneficial, but both the right and left sides look like capsulorrhaphy repair along the inframammary folds would restore your natural fold and improve the shape of the breasts.

Thank you for your question and photos. Best of Luck!

Gregory Park, MD

Hello

+1

.

Without an exam its very hard to determine what can be going on. The pictures are not helpful to see the real breast. You need to see a PS to get options or a second opinion.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Asymmetry After Breast Augmentation

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos. 

Unfortunately, the elevated arms in the second picture do not allow a fair representation of the problem.

However, breast asymmetry is not uncommon. As a matter of fact, there is a certain of asymmetry with almost every patient.

At this point, it is unclear how the left breast is perceived as "almost like it doesn't have an implant in it". Are you unsatisfied with the shape or just the size of your left implant?

Without a physical consultation, it is not possible to provide you with a solid advise/plan.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

What is Happening to my Body

+1

I need a bit more explanation of the nature of the problem, and a more recent photo. The photo on the left, with arms somewhat elevated, looks like a perfectly presentable result. The photo on the right has the arms elevated, which is certainly not a standard photo position. With under the muscle implants, the implants will be displaced often to  different extents , since the muscles are not symmetric and typically the muscle on the handed side is larger. I do see a slight amount of asymmetry on the photo on the right but not enough to suggest surgical intervention unless something had changed over the ensuing months since these photos were taken. 

Whatever problem there may be will not be resolved online, so a visit to your surgeon is your best bet.

Thank you for the question and for the attached photos. Best wishes.