My nose does not look right and still has a bump, 10 years after surgery: can I have it fixed? (Photo)

My nose still has a bump on it which has grown in time and my nose looks bent from the front. Is it too challenging to correct? And why has this happened?. Can I be reimbursed?

Revision after 10 years

+1
Yes you can have a revision any time you wish.  Many of out patients seek revision surgery as much as 40 years after the initial surgery.  Insurance may help cover the portion related to your breathing

Revision rhinoplasty after 10 years for bump removal

+1
Revision rhinoplasty can be entertained 10 years after the primary rhinoplasty. The bump can he shaved down whether it composed of either bone or cartilage. If there is any associated breathing problems, a septoplasty may need to be performed. For many examples please see the link below to our closed rhinoplasty photo gallery

Your nose can be improved

+1
The issues you show and describe can be improved by revision rhinoplasty. If you have breathing problems, insurance can potentially help decrease the cost for revision surgery. The best first step is to contact your surgeon, if this is a possibility. 

Richard A. Zoumalan, MD

Revision rhinoplasty

+1
Progressive changes in the nose after rhinoplasty are common and actually expected as the skin contracts over the cartilage over the years.  However, as surgeons we hope that the changes will be favorable.  While a bit challenging, the problems with your nasal appearance are not uncommon and likely correctable.  Regarding it being reimbursed, please speak to the original surgeon, and/or there might be partial insurance coverage if you have breathing problems.  

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon