Tip of Nose Doesn't Move After Rhinoplasty

What happen when tip of the nose drop too much that you get a downturn? My nose was drooping and I had a nose job. It has been four months and the side of the nose looks fine, but the tip still looks big. Not only that, when I smile, it looks like a parrot nose; the tip does not move, but the side of the nose pull up as I smile. Is this normal? It doesn't look too attractive when I smile.

Tip Doesn't Move after Rhinoplasty

+1

Temporary residual swelling, present 4 months after surgery, can make the tip look big and may limit tip movement. Some rhinoplasty techniques, used to strengthen the tip or maintain tip position, may limit movement. Your surgeon can provide insight to your problem and clarify your ultimate prognosis.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.