Will anything happen to my breasts in regards of sagging or size if I loose 20lbs? (photo)

I recently had a breast lift and augmentation surger. I just recently joined a health kick shake and have been losing weight at about 2 lbs a week. Prior to my surgery my breasts didn't really gain or loose weight but did stretch when I had my daughter. Operation nov 1 2013. Doc made vertical incisions below breast and around nipples and inserted 375cc's silicone implants.

Will my breast sag if I loose 20lbs?

+1

Thank you for your question. Your breast will most likely sag if you loose those 20lbs, they usually do in most women but you are doing so well and in my opinion you should keep it up, maybe you still will be happy with the way your breast look. Keep up the good work!!

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

BBA

+1

It is possible that they will sag, but that shouldn't deter you from your healthy lifestyle. That is more important than slight sagging.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Will anything happen to my breasts in regards of sagging or size if I loose 20lbs?

+1

Congratulations on your recent surgery and your healthy lifestyle and planned weight loss. Although very difficult to predict for an individual patient what a 20 pound weight loss will lead to, in regards to breast size or “sagging”, some generalized predictions may be helpful to you.

Generally, when patients lose 20 pounds, some “sagging” can be anticipated. I would certainly not let this potential change in your breasts deter you from your efforts to achieve a long-term healthy weight.

Will my lift sag if I loose 20 lb?

+1

Dear messie, unfortunately the answer is yes. Your lift was planned to work with your current weight, 20 lbs will have a significant impact in the fullness of your breasts but it won't affect your implants. Judging by your photo you have a very attractive result and I hope you'll keep it for a while. Some people manifest their weight changes in the fullness of their breasts but others don't seem to experience that much change. It's hard to predict what will happen in your case but I suspect we could see some loss of fullness and more laxity of the skin after a 20 lb weight loss. Some patients come to see me for a re-lift or for bigger implants after that much weight loss.

Juan A. Brou, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon