What Happen if Something Hit Rhinoplasty Nose After a Month On Side?

I had my nose done overseas and it's been almost a month . My friend s nose hit my right side of nose a week ago and I felt a lilttle pain . Now I feel there is swollwing in my right sides and it doesnt look right . Is it possible that it's hematoma or ......? Should I start tapping my nose or massaging ?! I will be appricaite anyone's advise thank you

Bump to nose at one month

+2

Without an exam, it is difficult to say.  It is possibly that you had enough trauma to do some damage because a light trauma to your nose is unlikely to induce significant swelling.

What to Do for Trauma To Your Nose 1 Month After a Rhinoplasty

+2

At this point I don't think you should do anything. If your surgeon was local, you would just see him or her. Since that's not possible, I don't know that a local surgeon would be much help at this point, given that this may just be swelling that will go away over the next few weeks. In any event, given your description of the event, it's unlikely anyone would do anything a right away, and instead would just tell you to wait until the swelling goes away. If it still doesn't look right (and is not getting better) after a few weeks, you will need to see someone (fly back to see your surgeon, or make an appointment with a rhinoplasty surgeon locally). Until then, I would not do anything, including taping or massage. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Trauma At 1 Month After Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi,

Since you had your rhinoplasty overseas, I recommend that you seek a physical examination with a board certified surgeon located near where you currently live who could examine you after you have communicated with your surgeon.

However, in case you are able to meet with your surgeon who knows the full details of your surgery the you will have the best approach.

I am sorry that you had this accident and hopefully it will be nothing serious but without physical examination it is hard to diagnose your situation.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Trauma Post Rhinoplasty

+2

The best thing to do is to see your surgeon for a follow up appointment and discuss the events listed above. You probably just have some mild swelling or bruise from the contact and not a hematoma. I would not tape or massage until directed by your surgeon. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

It is a very good idea to see your surgeon anytime that you have nasal trauma after rhinoplasty surgery.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Trauma After Rhinoplasty

+1

Usually trauma to the nose after rhinoplasty will not result in hematoma. Most likely you have soft tissue swelling. Over time the swelling should subside with the remainder of your swelling. You should consult your surgeon to rule out any other negative result.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD