Will my nose look deformed if I have my Goretex implant removed?

I am curious what the nose will look like if the goretex used as bridge augmentation was removed from my nose. I know it wont look like my old nose because i also had tip plasty, but will the nose be deformed?

Removal of Gortex Implant

+1
No worries on getting the implant removed as long as there is a plan for reconstruction.  I find that simple removal of an implant is not enough as the structures under the Gortex have usually changed. Therefore, you need something to put the nose back together.  I will use diced cartilage and fascia in these situations.

+1
     I am not sure that anyone can fully predict the result in such an instance.  The time that the implant has been inside as well as the changes to the soft tissue envelope will figure into the result as well.

Goretex Implant Removal from the Nose

+1
It's hard to say what your nose will look like once the implant is removed but it is likely that you will lose height to the nose.  There may be some scarring in the area as well.  The nose can be rebuilt using your own cartilage at the same time as the removal.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek and can provide 3-D computer imaging to help you visualize what you might look like afterwards.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Goretex implant removal and nasal appearance

+1
It is difficult to say exactly what you would look like with the implant removed. It really depends upon the size of the implant and the quality of your skin and what you plan to do after it is removed.

Nose deformity and goretex implant

+1
If you have a goretex implant in the nose used for augmentation, removal of the implant may result in deprojection, further scarring of the skin soft tissue envelope, and irregularities. Immediate reconstruction using a rib costal cartilage graft is warranted. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon