Why Did This Happen to my Eyes and Crease in Side of Face After Cosmetic Surgery?

I had a face lift, upper and lower eye lift, brow lift. I was left with "one eyebrow, hanging over my top lid, furrows between the brows, and one eye looking much smaller than the other "cockeyed". I did not have this before. Also, I still have bags under my eyes. I had a brow lift and eye lift, I thought all this would help even out the brows, rid of furrows and open up my eye area while removing the bags. What should I do? What happened? I am extremely upset. I can't believe this!

+2

Hi.  As others have said, we would need to see your photos to give you any reasonable recommendation.  Having said that, nothing replaces a face to face consultation.  Discuss this with your surgeon and if you are not satisfied see another physician who specializes in eyelids and eyebrows.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Expectations from facelift

+2

Sometimes early results from facial rejuvenation can disappoint until all swelling and bruising has settled down. The healing can take longer for some so it is important to be patient. If your results are truly disappointing and you have lost confidence in your surgeon, a second opinion can help sort tings out.

peterejohnsonmd

Poor result after eyelid and brow surgery.

+2

Assuming you have discussed this with your surgeon and since I don't have any photos I would suggest you see an experienced revision plastic surgeon and discuss what can be done now to improve your results.

This sounds very upsetting.

+2

Dear Msmmi

The goal of cosmetic surgery is improvement of our appearance.  So it is a terrible feeling that your surgery has made you look worse.  You did not provide photographs and often without a personal consultation and access to before images, it is very difficult to know precisely what is going on other than something is wrong with your out come.  Presumably you have discussed these issues with your surgeon and have not been satisfied with the response.  If you have not done this, you should start there.  If you have lost confidence in your surgeon, then a second opinion is warranted.  You live in the bay area where there are plenty of highly qualified surgeons.  Don't be in a rush to fix the situation.  Generally it is best to allow things to settle down for 6 to 12 months.  There are circumstances where these time frames are violated and this is really between you and your cosmetic surgeon.

Unhappy after surgery

+2

Hi.  When was your surgery?  If it was very recent, it can swelling and/or temporary muscle/nerve weakness from surgery.  However, if you have already healed from your surgery, then what you are describing is not normal. I would recommend following up with your surgeon and/or a new consultation with someone else.

Dr Taban

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after browlift, eyelift and no wrinkle improvement

+1

The asymmetry could be due to swelling that is still from surgery. How long was the surgery?  Swelling can last a couple of months but most goes away in a week and more so after a month. The lower eyelift is supposed to remove fat from your eyelids.  Sometimes though this can accentuate the hollowing in the lower eyelid area and make you look even older there. Wrinkles in your forehead can be improved by a browlift by raising the eyebrows and negating the need to open up your eyelids and eyebrows more.  Also removing muscle in between your eyes can really help prevent the vertical lines in between your eyebrows and eyes. You can write me or send me pictures if you would like another opinion. Most things can be improved.  Fat injections in the lower eyelid and forehead and upper third of the face can really bring youth to your face. Below is a video that could explain some things for you and educate you more.

Thanks for reading, Dr Young

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower eyebrow after Brow Lift

+1

You should bring up all these issues with the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did all these procedures for you as only he/she knows what was done, how things went during surgery and where you are in the post operative healing process.