What will happen after the surgery (Getting Brazilian butt lift,Lipo)?

I want to get a brazilian butt lift with lipo, (injected with fat) I want 1000 cc on each butt cheek, But after a while from recovering. Will i be able to work out & make it tight? Will i loose the fat & money? How long does this last? Can it be for a life time? How much fat will i most likely loose?

BBL and questions

+1

You ask many excellend questions, but most of those could only be answered after an exam in person. In general, fat injected will "take" and about 2/3's usually survives and that is for a lifetime. Certainly fluctuations will occur with weight change. Request for additional fat placement is common once things settle.

What happens after brazilian butt lift surgery?

+1

I cannot estimate how much fat you have to harvest and inject without photos or an examination, but I will try to answer your other questions. You can definitely always work out after a surgery and tight up your muscle tone and lose overall body fat. Once the fat has "taken"after a fat transfer, that fat has incorporated into your tissue. I have found that a good estimate is approximately 50% will survive in the long term, and it is usually stable after about 4 months. This transferred fat has the ability to gain and lose volume along with the other fat cells in your body. Anecdotally, my patients who have had buttock fat grafting and then gone on to lose a significant amount of weight (at least 20+ pounds) have actually maintained a good amount of the transferred fat in their buttocks despite the weight loss.

Good luck with your decision!

Dr. Spring

Michelle Spring, MD

+1

I see patients year and year and the results last. After 6 weeks or so, the buttock stays the same size. In almost all but the thinnest patients I can get 1000 cc per buttock.

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA