What Will Happen After Forgetting to Put the Filter on IPL Hand Pieces?

I am a doctor. My staff forgot to put the filter on IPL hand pieces. I set the energy intensity at 17 Jules using for rejuvenation at cheek. The patient feel pain and mild swelling. I have a Question that what will be happen on her cheek and what is the treatment for her? Thank you for your help in advance.

What Will Happen After Forgetting to Put the Filter on IPL Hand Pieces

+1

There are many things that can happen when an IPL isn't done correctly. Since I don't know what type of machine you have, it's best to call the manufacturer and ask them what happens when you forget to put a filter on. None of the machines I have have filters that you have to put on. My assumption would be that without a filter, though, the treatment was done a lot higher than planned, and the energy was a great deal higher, and could have resulted in a burn for your patient. You need to follow up with your patient and see how she is doing too.