Can I Only Have a Hanging Columella Fixing but Without Touching my Little Bump on my Nose?

Since i remember, my columella is my only problem, im ok with my little bump, i mean, i don't want a perfect nose.... i just want to reduce my columella. Is it possible? Or I'll have to fix the two things? I don't know. Thanks.

Fixing the Hanging Columella in Isolation

+1

A hanging columella can be remedied in isolation in most instances.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Columelloplasty

+1

You can certainly undergo a columelloplasty to trim the membranous and cartilaginous columella.  This can be done under a local or general anesthesia depending upon the patient’s desire.

Hanging Columella repair

+1

Repair of hanging Columella can be performed as an isolated procedure without touching the nasal tip or reducing the dorsal hump. In majority of cases it is preformed under local anesthesia. Please consult with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for your options.

Kevin Sadati, DO

Hanging columella

+1

Absolutely. Depending on the cause of the hanging columella (most commonly a long septum or overdeveloped lower lateral cartilages), this can be done via a tip rhinoplasty. You can leave the rest of your nose the way it is.

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Isolated hanging columella repair

+1

Yes, you can just reduce your hanging columella while leaving your bump alone. It's totally up to you.

You can learn more about hanging columella repair at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Hanging Columella

+1

Yes, it is absolutely possible to address only the hanging columella.  There is no need to do more then what is necessary.  

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Columella repair without fixing bump?

+1

In some situations columella can be fixed without treating the bump, but an exam in person will provide better information.

Rhinoplasty to fix columella only

+1

The columella can be corrected without fixing the bump. However, your nose needs to be examined in person. There are conditions which are similar to a hanging columella that is not a hanging columella. For example, retracted alas may appear to give the same look, but are a different problem. A hanging tip can also appear to be similar.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon