Hanging Columella/droop After Open Rhinoplasty (1 week Post-Op)?

I had an open rhinoplasty performed last week to increase tip definition, reduce columella show and rotate the tip slightly. The columella does appear larger than before and is hanging. Is this just normal swelling or should there be cause for concern? I know it is early days still so am trying not to get worried.

Hanging columella

+2

It's early and photos would help.there is a good chance it is just swelling at this point.  That is the lowest point on the nose some it takes some time for the edema to resolve.

San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Hanging columella after surgery

+2

One week is way too early to be concerned with your hanging columella. "Hang in there" and follow up with your surgeon.

Ronald Schuster, MD