Low hanging columella and flattened nose. Is it correctable? (photos)

2 year's ago I had an operation for a deviated septum. The columella looks droopy and my once straight nose is all wonky. Any suggestions appreciated?

Low hanging columella and flattened nose. Is it correctable?

+2
You are fixable!  The nose can be improved by rebuilding it with cartilage grafts. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is very experienced in nasal reconstruction. Best wishes!

+2
Many thanks for the question.

I am sure you are a perfect candidate for correction that Plastic Surgeons call secondary Rhinoplasty.
You have columella that is overhanging and is correctable and nasal bone are flat that need a support of some kind.I would think of adding a cartilage to fill the depression .Every plastic surgeon will feel it differently,
But it can be fixed without out doubt rather nicely.
Wishing you good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Loss of Nasal Structure and Definition

+2
I'm sorry, but too much bone and cartilage was removed during your previous surgery. Revision can be done; this will involve the use of cartilage grafts to augment your dorsum (profile), lowering your nostril rim and lifting the hanging columella (the strip between your nostrils.  

Revision rhinoplasty

+2
You have too low of a bridge, retracted ala (nostril wings) and columellar show (the center inside of your nose shows).  This can be corrected with a revision rhinoplasty with cartilage grafting.  Seek out a board-certified Facial Plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

+1
    The nose can be improved by rebuilding it with cartilage grafting.

Revision rhinoplasty for the overdone nose.

+1
Revision rhinoplasty for the overdone nose is what you need. Based on 35 years of revision rhinoplasty surgery you need a dorsal graft of ear cartilage since I am guessing most of your septum has been removed. You need structural support of the tip and the columella corrected. 

Revision rhinoplasty

+1
The bridge of your nose has been taken down too far and you have what we call an open roof deformity. You will need volume added back to your nose in the bridge area and structural cartilage grafting to to stabilize the nose. Your columella is droopy but your nostrils have also scarred upward which exposes even more of the columella. I think revision rhinoplasty is appropriate for you but it will require an expert rhinoplasty surgeon experienced in correcting your issues.

Good luck.

Bradford A. Bader, MD
Plano Facial Plastic Surgeon

Secondary surgery for collapsed nasal roof and hanging columella will require an implant.

+1
There appears to be some structural issues with the nose. More than likely improvement can be had but this will require some introduction of structural support to the cartilaginous framework of the nose. Make sure you choose a plastic surgeon who is familiar with secondary rhinoplasty.