Hanging Columella and Big Nasal Tip 3 Months Post Op? (photo)

Had closed rhinoplasty 3 months ago to remove a hump and lift the tip. I like the new nose, but the tip bothers me. In profile it appears ok, but in front view it looks droopy ,asymmetric and big. Why is that? Is it because of hanging columella, swelling or incomplete lift? What could be done to correct it?

Hanging columella and big nasal tip 3 months post-op?

+1

Swelling will still be present after 3 months. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. Swelling can create the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities, and may be influenced by the following: Whether the procedure was open or closed, whether the procedure was a revision, the thickness of the patient's skin, and whether or not tip work was performed. I would give it some time and see how you continue to heal, as the tip is usually the last to come around. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months after surgery. Your surgeon should be able to answer any post-operative questions you have, as they know the details of your surgery and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck

Looks as though the result is going to be good

+1

I don't see anything alarming in the photographs. The columella is a bit wide on the AP view but one would expect this to get at least somewhat better in time.

Hanging Columella and Big Nasal Tip 3 Months Post Op?

+1

This early after rhinoplasty, it is a bit premature to be concerned about the final result.   The swelling is going to be very prominent at this early stage.     If you need a revision to lift and reduce the tip, find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA