Hanging Columella After Rhinoplasty 4 Weeks? (Photo)

I did my rhinoplasty exactly 4 weeks ago and i am very unsatisfied. My original nose is flat, therefore goretex implant was use to heightened the bridge. I also did tip refinement taken from my ear cartilage. Things havent improve since and i am very depressed as i regret my decision. The bridge looks so thin in comparison with the tip and etc. and now im having massive hanging columella. I know im still swelling as my surgeon informed me but will collumella go back to normal?

Rhinoplasty Concerns at 4 Weeks

+1

Rhinoplasty result judgements should be made no sooner than 6 months to a year, because swelling plays such a role in the recovery.

Rhinoplasty final result usually visible at four months.

+1

Hi.

It is really much too early to worry.  You may be happy enough in a few months or you may not be, but there is nothing to do now.  So best to be optimistic.

Hanging Columella After Rhinoplasty 4 Weeks?

+1

Your issues are understandable but you did not post before photos for us to compare. Also way TOO early in healing phase to truly comment. Allow 3 months of healing. Also best to discuss these issue with your surgeon. Regards. 

Hanging columella after rhinoplasty

+1

It is a bit early to judge whether you need to do anything about your columella. There is likely a bit of tissue swelling in the area still.

I would follow your surgeon's advice and allow the nose to heal. It is possible to treat a hanging columella if there isn't improvement with time, though.

You can learn more about hanging columellar repair at my web reference link below.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyinseattle.com/rhinoplasty-treatments/hanging-columella

Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Nam2,

I think I just answered another posted by you regarding this.  As I indicated in that response, swelling after a rhinoplasty can last 6-12 months.  At 4 weeks it is too early to be judging your final cosmetic result.  

You should discuss your dissatisfaction in more depth with your surgeon.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Nasal swelling

+1

At four weeks, your nose is very swollen. You have to give it time to heal and settle down. Good luck.