I Havea Broken Face Capillaries &very Sensitive/thin Skin Can Do Peel and Which One?

Hello ! I have a broken capillaries on my cheeks area, also my skin is very sensitive and delicate. I have a sun damage on my forehead and above the jaw- line which overall causing an apperance of uneven skin tone < My question is that considering broken capilaries and high sensivity/delicate skin if can I have a face peel? if YES then which one would be my best option? thank u

Sensative skin chemical peel/broken capillaries

+1

Thank you for your question, for best results I would recommend an IPL treatment to address  your capillaries as well as your sun damage, but as your capillaries do not sound like your main concern I would recommend trying a hydroquinone cream (lightning product) to help diminish the appearance of your sun damage. This should be delicate enough on your sensitive skin and since it is not a peel this product should not aggravate the area, however I would recommend consulting with your aesthetician or doctor before trying a new product. Be sure to wear SPF to protect against further sun damage and to assure you achieve the best results from the HQ product.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Broken Face Capillaries - There is Help!

+1

Hi evergreen 2011

While chemical peels have many benefits, they unfortunately cannot get rid of broken capillaries.  A vascular laser such as the VBeam would be needed for that.  Since you mentioned that you are also interested in addressing uneven skin tone, a series of IPL PhotoFacials would also be a good choice since it would be able to improve redness, broken capillaries, sun spots and blotchiness of the skin as well as increase collagen formation and lead to overall better skin.

Web reference: http://www.advanceddermatologypc.com/laser/laser_rejuvenate.html

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Intense pulsed light is the key to helping to correct your constellation of concerns.

+1

A series of INTENSE PULSED LIGHT will help diminish capillaries as well as correct pigmentation from sun exposure SIMULTANEOUSLY.  You will even out your skin tones after a series of treatments and it is generally well tolerated by even sensitive skin patients.  DO NOT have chemical peels, as they will aggravate many of your underlying problems.

Vancouver Dermatologic Surgeon

FotoFacial or Dermaplane for sensitive skin

+1

While peels (even gentle peels like the Glytone Mandelic Enerpeel) will improve sun damage and aging skin, they will not address the broken capillaries on your cheeks.  Considering the conditions you have listed, broken capillaries and sensitive skin, as well as sun damage, the most effective treatment with no downtime would be FotoFacial or Intense Pulsed Light.  It treats the entire face, not only small spots or vessels, is a series of treatments which targets red (vessels) and brown (sun damage), and results in rejuvenation of the skin, creating a uniformity of color, texture and reduction of pores.  It provides gradual, natural-looking improvement and offers an immediate return to routine activities.  Best of all it results in long-lasting results.   

ยท     

Web reference: http://www.skinandhealth.com

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial Capillary Treatment

+1

Hi Evergreen.  For facial veins and sun damage, we would not recommend peels or ablative (social downtime) lasers.  Both will irritate the skin more.  We would recommend a KTP or long pulsed yag (1064) laser for the small veins.  The small veins can be traced and closed easily with very little or no irritation to the surrounding skin.  1-2 treatments is usually enough to remove the veins.

For sun damage, we would use a q-switched laser.   2-3 treatments usually does the trick and removes the sun damage permanently.   This has no downtime, just darkening of the spots before they fall off.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/spiderVeinsLaserRemovalBeforeAfterPicturesPhotos.aspx

Telangiectasias (blood vesicles) of the Face

+1

Thank You for this question. For Skin Care most patients need to think of a triangle of care. First, you should be considering a basic skin care maintenance and sun damage prevention program. There are very many but, with sensitive/ delicate skin you might consider NIA-24. Second, when our skin is damaged or ages with sun spots, wrinkles, warts, telangiectasias (blood vesicles), etc. patients often consider laser ablation/ treatment or facial peels/ resurfacing. Remember facial peels & resurfacing can cause telangiectasias (blood vesicles) so, it might be best for you to consider starting with laser ablation of those blood vesicles. Lastly, when a patients skin care maintenance and sun damage prevention program & laser ablation/ treatment or facial peels/ resurfacing begin to not assist them then, patients turn to Cosmetic surgery. But, even after Facial Plastic Surgery you should return back to your skin care maintenance and sun damage prevention program to maintain your skin/ appearance. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Columbia Plastic Surgeon