SmartLipo for Fit Mom with a CSection Flap?

I have exceptional abdominal muscles for having 4 kids (twins and two singletons) via 3 CSections. I'm considering SmartLipo but I'm scared of extra skin hang. I recently had a consultation with a local surgeon. I'm not sure what the percentages are but he was telling his assistant that the upper was 20% and lower was 80%. He promised great results but I'm still skeptical as far as loose skin...opinions?!

Flap

+2

It would be great to see pictures but, you are right, loose skin is a question. Skin integrity is the question here and seeing you would make a world of difference. You already have the scars so a tummy tuck is an option but, a bigger procedure. It wouldn't hurt to have a second opinion.

Smartlipo and tummy tuck don't give the same results

+1

After 4 kids, a set of twins, and three c-sections, you most likely would have a better result with the abdominoplasty.  I do a lot of Smartlipo, and it can give great results, but it doesn't give the kind of complete correction that an abdominoplasty does.  Make sure you have an opinion from a plastic surgeon that does both procedures, see typical results from people that look like you, and decide how big of a procedure you are willing to undergo.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon