Lump on Right Side 7 Days Post Lipo, Should I Call my PS?

I had lipo done of my flanks, upper/lower abdomen, bra roll, and hip area, I have a lump just on one of my flank sides, the right side, and I have tried to massage it for a few minutes, it is kind of painful but it could be because thats the area I had lipo on. I don't know if it is from swelling or if it will go away. I had ultrasonic on that part of my body.

Lump after liposuction

+1

It is normal to have swelling and lumpiness after liposuction.  It will take at least one month for the swelling to come down; final result of liposuction may take up to 3-6 months.  You should massage on the area of liposuction and wear compression.  I don't think it is emergent to call your plastic surgeon but you should share your concerns with him/her on your postop appointment.  Also, follow his recommendation on postoperative care.

Swelling post liposuction

+1

It is either a seroma or soft tissue swelling. If it is a seroma, it can be drained. If just swelling, it will resolve with time.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Lump After Lipo

+1

If you can tap the area and see a fluid wave, it is a fluid collection and should be drained.  If it does not, it is probably swelling

Lump and swelling after liposuction

+1

It's expected to have some swelling and lump at 1 week after liposuction. It may be a bit too early for massage since it's probably still very sore. Compression garment may help reduce further swelling. Allow time and your body to gradually reduce your post op swelling. Massage therapy is utilized typically after about 2 to 3 weeks after liposuction to help further reduce the lump.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Early lump after liposuction

+1

Liposuction often causes  a few small sore lumps.

Most are swelling over the deep muscles,

If you were my patient, I would see you because - 

1. Your lump is larger than most
  2. Tiny injections early after liposuction makes the lumps flatten fast, 
  3. Lumps take much longer if nothing is done.

Hope this helps!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Liposuction and lump

+1

eEarly post-op from liposuction can lead to swelling and some areas of firmness. Uusally these get bette with time. If concerned, contact your surgeon.

Post op Edema

+1

Your photos appear to show normal post-op swelling or edema. This is common after most surgery including liposuction. At 1 week post-op I would be surprised if you didn't have edema. This should begin to improve shortly, but may take many weeks to completely resolve.

I would follow up with your surgeon as scheduled, or if your concerns persist call for an earlier follow up to discuss the problem.

Eugene J. Sidoti, Jr., MD
Scarsdale Plastic Surgeon

Postop Swelling or Bruising

+1
Thank you for your question.  You likely have normal postop bruising and swelling. It does not seem like your have a hematoma or seroma.  Even if you did, these would be easily managed.  Discuss your concerns with our surgeon at you next postop visit. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon