Wonder About Lower Eye Lift for Hallows and Tear Throughs? (photo)

I've had dark circles all my life due to allergies. I want to get my tear throughs corrected. I also have fine lines below the eye which a doctor told my mother when I was younger were " allergy lines". I know it's Hereditary because my two babies have it too. I hate looking tired all the time!!! Would I benefit from a lower eye lift. I'm not so much worried about the dark circles I've always had them I just hate how low the tear through is. Thank you.

Wonder About Lower Eye Lift for Hollows and Tear Troughs?

+2

The tear trough is minor and filler may offer a little benefit.  Eyelid surgery will not help with this.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tear Trough

+2

It appears that your tear troughs are mild.  This is treated very well, and with minimal risk, by a Hyaluronidase filler such as Juviderm or Restylane.  This will replace some of the volume loss and improve the tear trough.  Dark circles beneath the eyes, beyond the region of the tear rough, are more difficult to treat.  Often, for a patient your age, make up is a better alternative to surgery.  It is hard to give expert advise from a photo, so I would recommend you seek a consultation froma surgeon who is experienced in blepharoplasty such as an oculoplastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Steven J. Covici, MD
Springfield Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tear trough

+2

Good afternoon!

Your tear trough is relatively minor and can be easily corrected with a filler such as Juviderm. Be sure to use a physician well versed in not only the sue of the filler, but injecting the tear trough in particular- in less than experienced hands the result can be suboptimal.

Your dark circles may get a slight improvement but will not go away with this treatment

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD

Tear Trough Deformity

+1

You have mild volume loss in the area of your "tear troughs".  In my clinic I would rule out other causes of concern that may be causing your issue and then would recommend placing a hyaluronic acid filler such as Belotero into this region.  The results are excellent and typically last up to 12 months.  
Best Regards,

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD
LeBeau Clinic

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD
Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Volume Addition for Tear Troughs

+1

A lower eyelid lift/blepharoplasty is not going to correct your tear troughs. This is a volume issue using either injectable synthetic fillers or fat as an initial treatment approach.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+1

Hi Lilah22

Your primary issue is that you have lost volume under the eyes and hence the hollowing and dark circles. Replacing volume using a filler such as Juvederm, Restylane or Esthelis would be my recommendation. The tear troughs need filling and I would use some filler to augment your cheek. Together they will give you the result you are after. 

Best wishes

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid blepharoplasty

+1

The primary goal of lower  lid blepharoplasty is to remove fatty  bags which are creating a puffiness look to the lower lids. Secondary or minor goal is to remove any excess skin  which might be present on patient's over 50.  Patient's less than 50 can be treated better with fractionated laser.  Make sure you have treated allergies prior to embarking on a surgical procedure for the lower lids

Fillers vs. Lower Eyelid Lift for Tear Troughs

+1

This is a common question from younger patients. The dark circles you see may be related to allergies, but are more likely just part of how your face is put together.  Correcting the hollowness in the tear trough area will help, and this can be done in a couple of ways. The least invasive approach is to use a filler (I use Restylane here), which adds volume under this area. The treatment generally lasts 6 to 9 months. Another option is a lower eyelid lift with fat transposition.  In this procedure, the fat pockets that sit under the eye are opened and the fat is used to fill in the tear trough region.  This can be performed with a skin incision, if there is extra skin that needs to be removed, or from inside the eyelid, if no extra skin is present.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tear trough correction for minor problem.

+1

Tear trough correction for minor problem. This is best corrected by small injection of Zjuvederm. No eye lift now!