Hairline Lowering/forehead Reduction for a Male?

Ive ALWAYS had a "windows peak" type hairline & it doesnt suit me very well. Im 19 & for the last year Ive been a lot more conscious about my hair & started maintaining it the best I could by using certain oils & shampoos known for helping hair stay thick & healthy. I plan to do this for a long time to prevent any [potential] loss or thinning. I know theres often a recommended older age for hair TRANSPLANT candidates, but hairline LOWERING is different. Can it be done now? Perhaps in 3-5 years?

+1

Dear ccblue,

Thank you for your post.  I would strongly advise against a hairline incision at this point.  You are only 19 and have may have a receeding hairline in the future.  Look at your family if there is any balding or receeding hair on either your mom's side or father's side of the family.  If all have a full head of hair with no receeding hairline, then you may choose to have hair transplant to fill in your hairline. however, expect it to take 2 + procedures to get you to the density as the rest of your hair.  aboud 30 follicles per square centimeter is the max that can be done in one session, and your normal hair has 70-140.  This doesnt mean that you need 140, but something in between, at least two sessions of 30. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Male Hairline Lowering?

+1

In a male this long incision hairline lowering is a terrible idea.  The problem is as you age the scar that started at the border of your hair is now fully exposed by hair loss.  Do not even consider this.  So what to do.  Well Propecia for a start is a great idea.   This definitely works and I have friends that swear by it.  Many friends.  It is safe but do consult with a dermatologist hair specialist.  Your will be pleased.   Then there are people that start a gradual single hair restoration graft program at 19.   Talk to a specialist in your area.  My Best,  D C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Too young to alter hairline

+1

At your age I would not recommend any surgery that would change your hairline. First try hairstyles that disguise what bothers you. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon