I had a hairline brow lift about 2 years ago?

I still have feel tightness and tingling-sometimes it's rather intense. Will this ever go away?

Annoying Sensations Following Pre-trichial Brow Lift

+1

Whenever nerves are cut, the resulting re-inervation of the initially numb skin can result in any number of sensations -- from burning to itching to tingling, etc. It's probable that these sensations will subside as time goes on, but if they don't change much in the next 6 months or so, it's more probable that they will persist. Seeing a specialist in subduing pain and other nerve-generated problems is a good idea if the sensations are annoying enough and you are concerned that they may not improve. Finding a reputable "pain clinic" staffed by anesthesiologists is a good place to start.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hairline brow lift with symptoms

+1

There are definitive reasons why an at the hairline brow lift ie. trichophytic technique is utilized. Most commonly it's used in brow lifting people with long or high brows, This prevents lengthening of the brow and elevating the hairline. This technique tends to cut across the sensory nerves and so sensations like numbness, tingling and electric shocks are common and may be permanent.

Thomas Romo, III, MD, FACS
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Tightness and tingling sensations should not linger beyond a year after the procedure. I recommend visiting your plastic surgeon so he/she can exam the issue more closely.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Sensation after brow lift

+1

Desensitization massage may help hasten stopping the strange sensations. Also medications like Neurontin may be needed for several months. Most paresthesias(strange sensations) will improve over time.

Steven Yarinsky, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Paresthesia after hairline browlift.

+1

Paresthesia after hairline browlift usually goes away by 1 year. See your surgeon to see if there is a reason for this.

Post op brow lift

+1

I assume the brow lift itself was successfull. Problems like these are rare to persist for over a year. Perhaps a test of a local anesthesia block might help to diagnose something like a neuroma which can readily be treated.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unusually long time

+1

The feelings that you describe should certainly go away. Typically numbness goes away in 6-12 months so it would be worth going to see your doctor for a follow-up.

Ravi Dahiya, MD
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon