Time Off Work After Breast Augmentation?

Im a Hairdresser, Will 8 Days Be Enough Time off After Breast Aug?

Recovery following breast augmentation

+2

Most patients are able to resume most everyday activities, including work that is not physically demanding in less than a week, even if the implants are placed under the muscle.  For a hairdresser, 8 days off from work should be adequate, however you should avoid vigorous activities with your arms (as with blow-drying) for several weeks following surgery.  

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Time off after a breast augmentation

+2

For a hairdresser, 8 days should be enough time to take off after a breast augmentation. Sometimes the weight of the blowdryer can be uncomfortable at first, but you should be able to do most of your hairstyling work. For patients who perform office work, only about 3 days off of work is needed.

Regardless of your occupation, you should avoid heavy lifting or strenuous activity with your arms for about 4-6 weeks if your implants are placed under the pectoral muscle.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Time Off Work after Breast AugmentationSurgery

+2

On average, I ask patients to take off 1 week after breast augmentation surgery.  For some professions (such as yours), I may suggest a going back to work with a lighter workload (or in your case, having someone else do the blowdrying, etc.. that would involve the pectoralis muscle).  Ideally, I like my patients not to lift anything heavy or do things ( like blowdrying) that contract the pectoralis musle for at least 2 weeks.

Ask your surgeon

+1
You should plan to be off work for up to 5-7 days, although this can vary from person to person depending on their recovery rate and how physically demanding your work is. Please ask your surgeon for their advice as it may be different.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Recovery after breast augmentation

+1

Recovery after breast augmentation depends to some extent on the technique used and the location of the breast implants. Subpectoral augmentation may be more painful than subglandular placement of the implants. In most cases patients are allowed to return to full activity after 2 weeks.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD