Hair Transplant Scarring/bumpiness on Recipient Area?

I had a hair translant done on my moustache/goatee region. Now at 4 months after I shave recipient area (goatee/moustache) I see some dots, like goosebumps and also mild pigmentation along all the area. Also, if I contract my skin (like the chin area) there is slight formation of depression. I want to know if this is normal and will it heal 100% like my surrounding skin or I'll have to live/compromise with this situation forever? Thanks in advance and please refer to the photos attached.

Hair Transplants and Pigmentation Changes

+1

After a hair transplant, some hypo- or hyperpigmentation may occur at the recipient areas, as well as tiny, circular scars that usually are usually not cosmetically visible. A lot of these issues would resolve on their own with time. Give it at least 18 months after surgery. Revisit if the problem is still there at that time.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Scarring after hair transplantation to your facial area

+1

The pictures did not come through.  Your best bet is to go back to your hair transplantation surgeon and show him or her your scars and concerns.  It takes about 12 months for a scar to mature.  Therefore, there is plenty of time for your scars to settle and improve.  This evaluation needs to be done in-person rather than over the phone or internet. Best of luck to you. 

Allan J. Parungao, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon