Hair Implant into Head Scar?

I have scars on my head. Can I implant hairs on them?

Scalp Scars

+1

Your first goal is to make sure the scars are as small as possible. Then transplants would be an appropriate refinement procedure. For men, the risk of progressive male pattern baldness must be considered; for most women, this is obviously not a concern.

Hair implant into a scar

+1

It is possible to implant hairs in a scar. Sometimes though, it is easier and better to excise the scars. I would suggest visiting a plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon who performs both reconstructive surgery and hair restoration procedures to determine what your best course of action might be.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon