I've Had a Hair Transplant on my Head, How Can I Reduce The Scar Tissue That Resulted?

I now have a "ridgeline" across the front of my hair where they implanted the hair. I'm guessing this is scar tissue? Any ideas on how to reduce this line? Massaging w heat? Surgery? Steroid injections? Steve

Hairline Transplant

+1

You should schedule an appointment with your hair surgeon immediately to discuss the issue. A ridgeline of scar tissue visible at the hairline should not occur. There may be other underlying factors that caused this. True ridging results from the use of bulky grafts and used to be common in older times when multiple follicles are grafted together, giving rise to the so called “doll’s hair.” With the advent of single follicle transplants (FUT and FUE), true riding is a rare event.

Web reference: http://www.dermhairclinic.com/hairline-transplant/

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Scarring after Hair Transplantation

+1

There should not be a ridge of scar tissue after hair transplantation. Pictures and more details such as when the transplants were done would be helpful. At this time i suggest you talk with your surgeon.

+1

Photos, of the ridge line would help but this isn't typical after hair transplantation and may just be temorary swelling.  You should ask your hair transplant surgeon about this issue.

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Scarring at hairline after hair transplantation

+1

I'm sorry that you are having some difficulties postop.  There should not be any time of "ridges" formed after Follicular Unit Transplantation, the current method of HT surgery.  We cannot really help you with the information you have provided.  Your best course of action is to call your HT surgeon and come in for a follow up appointment. They will assess the situation and give you the information you need. Your surgeon wants you to have an excellent result.  Best, Dr. P

Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

Ridge after hair transplant

+1
You are describing the "ridging" condition we used to see when old fashioned plug grafting was done. For at least the past 10 years, hair work using this technique is no longer done . We do not see this problem when follicular unit grafts are placed into tiny slits. With the plugs, additional amounts of skin were transplanted resulting in elevation of the recipient area from scar tissue. The ridged appearance can usually be improved by slit grafting in front of it.
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hair transplant scar.

+1
I would need to see a photo to accurately advise you. There should be no scar there and nothing will improve it that you mentioned.