Can Hair Transplant Be Used for Any Part of the Face Such As the Temple Regions of the Face?

Due to my childhood sleeping patterns, i have developed somehow deformed skull. one side of the temple to the cheek area is larger and wider than the other. i want to use hair transplant to move some hair to the temple regions so the width and the size of two temples are more even. is this possible and how much will it typically cost, Thanks!

+2

Yes, transplants can be used to enhance the temple hairline but the number, of grafts needed, varies greatly from patient to patient based on the area to be filled.  I have performed hair transplants for over 20 years and typically the temple area requires 500 or so grafts per side.  I suggest that you send some photos or have in person consultations with experienced hair transplant surgeons.  The typical cost is $6 to $10 per graft.

Hair transplant and filler can be used together to give better symmetry of the temples

+2

I agree with the comments of Dr Rogers that fillers may be a consideration for your problem. Hair transplantation of the temples is often done to correct a hairline that has been moved back by facelift surgery , so using hair transplantation in this area is well known and not something that would be considered unusual. I would see a Dermatologist who practices Cosmetic Dermatology as well as hair transplantation , since a combination of filler plus hair transplantation may be the best answer.

Richard Fitzpatrick, MD (in memoriam)
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Hair transplants for crown and other parts of the head

+2

Yes, however it is important to develop a plan with an experience hair restoration doctor at a busy center.  

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Haair transplants to temples

+2

It would be more helpful if you sent photos to show your problem. Based on this written description, hair transplants can be done in front of your tempora hair to narrow and even out the appearance of your forhead. You would roughly need about 40 to 50 grafts per square centimeter, and likely 2 sessions to get the final result. The cost should be between $6 and $10 per graft for relatively small sessions such as I envision.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Consider filler for sunken temples

+2

Technically, hair can be transplanted anywhere. However if you have a serious loss of volume over the temples you may be better served with an injectable filler such as Juvederm or Restylene. These sugar-based (hyaluronic acid) products can add volume to sunken-in areas of the face like the temples and nasolabial folds. I would recommend getting a few opinions from board certified dermatologists or plastic surgeons before you proceed.(Besides, it might not look natural to put hair in a place like the temples where it really doesn't belong!)

Nicole E. Rogers, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Facial Hair Transplantation

+1

Yes, transplants can nicely fill in an area such as yours.  It is not my habit to provide a fee, but a procedure such as yours will likely require 250 to 300 grafts per side.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hair Transplant for Temples

+1

Yes, hair transplant can be used to correct the temple point regions. Follicular unit extraction (FUE) is particularly good for this type of work, due to its ability to use finer donor hairs and its minimal scarring. The number of grafts you need will determine the cost, which is dependent upon how much hair you want filled in on that side of your face. I recommend going to a few different consultations with FUE doctors.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Hair Transplant to Temples

+1

This shouldn't be difficult but it really depends on the size of the area you want hair.  The costs also depend upon the doctor and the area of the country.  Would you be able to post some photos so we can get a better idea?

Dr John Frank

John E. Frank, MD